Book Title: TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 3 - Literary & Informational Texts
Publisher: ECS Learning Systems, Inc.
Author: Lori Mammen
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 4 - Literary & Informational Texts
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 5 - Literary & Informational Texts
- TestSMART® Common Core Mathematics Work Text, Grade 3, Book II - Number and Operations-Fractions and Measurement and Data
- TestSMART® Common Core Mathematics Work Text, Grade 3, Book I - Operations & Algebraic Thinking and Number & Operations in Base Ten
- Scholastic Success with Reading Comprehension, Grade 3
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 6 - Literary & Informational Texts
- PARCC Test Prep: 3rd Grade Math Practice Workbook and Full-length Online Assessments: PARCC Study Guide
- TestSMART® Common Core Mathematics Work Text, Grade 3 (Book I, II, & III Bundle)
- Scholastic Success With Reading Tests, Grade 3 (Scholastic Success with Workbooks: Tests Reading)
- Barron's Core Focus: Grade 3 Test Practice for Common Core
This book has more than 280 practice items and activities that help students learn to read and comprehend both literary and informational texts. The custom-developed book provides an easy-to-use tool for teachers and parents to teach the rigorous close reading standards to students.
Each Close Reading Work Text provides open-ended and thought-provoking tasks that develop students' communication, higher-level thinking, and comprehension skills. A complete answer key and help for the teacher or parent can be found in the Teacher Guide Section.
Authentic reading texts for each grade level focus on highly interesting topics and ideas for students. Higher-level vocabulary words are identified and defined in each passage. Each activity identifies its complexity level and the standard that is practiced. Diagrams, illustrations, and graphic organizers in the book support comprehension.
The 144-page TestSMART® Close Reading Work Text includes research-based content that builds higher-level thinking and comprehension skills. The book also contains a master skills list, an explanation of Common Core State Standards for reading, instructional and learning strategies, close reading vocabulary, a comprehensive answer key, a reference list, and much more.