Book Title: Digital Radiography and PACS, 2e
Author: Christi Carter MSRS RT(R)
- Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography, 7e
- Radiographic Image Analysis, 4e
- Radiologic Science for Technologists: Physics, Biology, and Protection, 11e
- Principles of Radiographic Imaging: An Art and A Science (Carlton,Principles of Radiographic Imaging)
- Comprehensive Radiographic Pathology, 6e
- Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures: 3-Volume Set, 13e
- Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography: The Complete Study Guide and Career Planner, 7e
- Radiographic Imaging and Exposure, 5e
- Radiographic Pathology for Technologists, 6e
- Workbook for Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures, 13e
Practical and comprehensive, this resource offers up-to-date coverage of computed radiography, digital radiography, and PACS. It explores the differences between conventional and digital imaging systems and how computed and digital radiography systems fit within the radiology department. State-of-the art information on image acquisition, exposure guidelines, and quality control help you obtain the best possible radiographs. You’ll also learn about PACS workstations, archiving, film digitization, image printing, and more.
- Coverage of digital imaging and PACS is at just the right level for student radiographers and practicing technologists who are transitioning to digital imaging.
- Chapter outlines, learning objectives and key terms at the beginning of each chapter orient readers to the chapter content and assist with organizing study and comprehension.
- Bulleted summaries recap the main points of the chapter, ensuring you focus on the most important concepts conveyed by the chapter.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter are linked to the chapter objectives.
- The latest on CR and DR function and image enhancement and processing based on recently published research keeps you current with today’s imaging requirements.
- Complete coverage of PACS workstations, archiving solutions and system architectures provides a sound basis for understanding how individual systems work.
- Comprehensive quality control and management guidelines for PACS, CR and DR prepare you for on the job success.
- Careful alignment with digital imaging information required by the ASRT Core Curriculum ensures you are current with today’s procedures and modalities.